[Zope] Zope 4.0 successful installation- still missing editing features

Giampiero Benvenuti giampiero.benvenuti at chiaroscuro.com
Mon Jun 17 14:49:13 CEST 2019

Hi there,

I’m very happy with my new installation of zope4.0. /python3
The only glitch found was with the paste module.
That was easy to take care of with /bin/pip install paste.

Installing other products was very smooth:
/bin/pip install Products.PythonScripts
/bin/pip install Products.ZMySQLDA
/bin/pip install Products.ExternalMethod
/bin/pip install Pillow

Now, the only missing part of the puzzle is a tool to make it easier the editing of the files, python script, page templates etc...

How can I take care of this issue?
Reading the documentation, I found that is not possible to access the files trough webdav, ftp or external editor because I would need ZServer and ZServer doesn't work with python3.

Am I missing something? Do I have any other alternative of editing the files trough ZMI?

All my bests to all of you and thanks for your help.

Giampiero