[Zope] ExtFile/ExtImage compatibility with Zope 4/5?

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Mon Mar 29 17:45:27 GMT 2021

On 29/3/21 18:04, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I don’t know anything about ExtFile/ExtImage specifically, the only reference I was able to find is from old.zope.org and no one has touched it since 2007. It looks like there is no support.

Now the problem is... licensing. The project seems dead for 15 years but
I don't see a license files in
<https://old.zope.org/Members/shh/ExtFile/>. The readme says ZPL, but
not version is listed. Is ZPL still a thing?

The original old code in
<https://old.zope.org/Members/MacGregor/ExtFile/> seems to have a
MIT-like license.

> The product will need to be repackaged as an egg or wheel first, otherwise you won’t be able to start any real compatibility testing. Zope 4 does not allow you to just unzip a product inside a products folder anymore
>
> Most products only need minor modifications once they are repackaged. How to do this repackaging is a general Python packaging question, I suggest you just look at Zope products that are compatible, e.g. https://github.com/zopefoundation/Products.PluginRegistry, to get an idea.

That is useful. Thanks.

> Zope products are hosted where all other Python packages are hosted: pypi.org.

Understood.

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/
_/_/_/