[Zope] Two or three things about Zope 5

Jürgen Gmach juergen.gmach at apis.de
Tue May 4 16:50:52 GMT 2021

Hi Giampiero,

generally this mailing list is very low traffic.

When you have questions, the community https://community.plone.org/ is the best way to go.

If you face bugs or you want new features, then the issue trackers at https://github.com/zopefoundation is the right address.

>1. When in some script I do some typo like “reuest” instead or “request” I get the error “Internal Server Error The server encountered an unexpected internal server error
> (generated by waitress)”

Please have a look at the complete traceback (in your log or in your terminal when you start Zope in foreground modus), and determine where the error happens, and then report the error at above mentioned GitHub projects. Maybe you meant https://github.com/zopefoundation/Products.PythonScripts ? I am not sure from your description.

> 2. Yeah! Session Data Manager: "Sessioning is currently disabled because the session data container path setting is invalid. Please enter the path to a valid session data
> container object.”. What can I do bout it?

Exactly what is written 🙂 You need to set the path to a valid session data container.

I use cookie based session, so I am not very firm with this topic. I remember there was some discussion about temporarystorage and sessions make problems, so the default session mechanism is no longer the default. Maybe you find some more information in the release notes of Zope 4 ( https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/blob/4.x/CHANGES.rst )

Oh, here is some good information: https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/latest/zopebook/Sessions.html#alternative-server-side-session-backends-for-zope-4

> 3. Sorry, I forgot about this: zone time. In zope 2.xx I used to set the local/zone time in this way: in instance/bin/runzope: export TZ=Europe/Rome. How do I fix it in zope5?

I use a os.environ['TZ'] = 'Europe/Berlin' in my buildout.cfg and this seems to do the trick.

Best,
Jürgen