[zope3-i18n] Zope 3.1.0-final POT uploaded

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Oct 12 07:05:50 EDT 2005

Fabrizio Reale wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 11/10/2005 alle 05.27 +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen ha
> scritto:
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>>as you might have seen, Zope 3.1.0 was released last week. Since I first uploaded the POT
>>file to Launchpad, a few messages (30 or so) have changed, for example because of typos
>>in the English original. I have now uploaded the POT file of Zope 3.1.0 final and would
>>like to ask you to update your translations, especially if your translation was complete
>>before. I want to feed those translations that are complete or nearly complete upstream
>>to the Zope 3.1 branch so that they will be included in Zope 3.1.1 soon. Candidates for
>>this are (in alphabetic order):
>

>>- Italian (maybe)
>

> No maybe, it is ready :)

Wow, nice work!

> But I'd like to test it with the current zope release.
> I got the generated po file from Rosetta.
> Then I put it in
> Dependencies/zope.app-Zope-3.1.0/zope.app/locales/it/LC_MESSAGES/zope.po
> and installed it.
> But I don't see some translations.
> Can someone help me?

You need to compile the .po file to an .mo file as well:

  $ msgfmt -o zope.mo zope.po

The msgfmt tool is part of the gettext utilities.

Note that you don't have to drop it into the zope.app.locales package
before installing Zope. You can also drop it in later, e.g. into
/usr/local/Zope-3.1.0/lib/python/zope/app/locales/it/LC_LESSAGES.

Philipp