[Zope3-Users] Ordering of subscribers

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Dec 15 07:05:52 EST 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Monday 13 December 2004 11:11, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>
>>What's the current best practice if you have several subscribers to an
>>event that need to be called in a given order ? Or rather, one has to be
>>called after another.
>>
>>It's more a gedankenexperiment than anything else at the moment, but I'm
>>interested in case it's needed for a correct backport for Zope 3 events
>>to Zope 2.

I haven't seen the original message, but note that Five already
backports Zope 3 events to Zope 2. Zope 3's event system is really
really very simple right now.

The hard part with backporting anything *interesting*, for instance Zope
3 catalog functionality, is that it makes certain assumptions about the
way for instance unique ids are maintained that aren't true in Zope 3.
Other difficult things to backport are local utilities (or local
anything, basically) that listens to the events.

Regards,

Martijn