[Zope3-Users] unexpected ':' char in declaration

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Nov 11 09:35:48 EST 2004

Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
> Can one start a page-template with a *tag* in namespace metal?
> Thought  that only attributes could be in tales / tal / metal namespaces?

Nope. You can put any element in either the tal or metal namespaces.

   <tal:block tal:content="string:Foo"></tal:block>

is equal to:

> Can you have the DOCTYPE definition inside the xml/html? Shouldn't it
>
> always be before the root-tag? (long time since I used DOCTYPE anywhere
> myself, mostly writing xml with schemas, and no html)

Actually, ZPT allows you to include DOCTYPES in macros so that pages
using the macro get the doctype as well.

> This looks a bit suspicious to me, but can't give you a definitive
> answer.

It may look suspicious to you because these very useful and IMO very
important ZPT features are rarely used.

Philipp