[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/trunk/ Ok, it's time to bugfix since the release get much more important ; -)

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Apr 1 22:09:56 EST 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 19:12, Florian Lindner wrote:
> could you provide a example of the use of a add menu? I'm trying here, but
> it won't work for me.
>
> I'm registering a menu:
>
> <menu id = "CSaddMenu" />
>
> tried also adding interface="*"

This makes no sense. Please read the documentation. The `interface` attribute
in the menu directive allows you to specifically specify a menu interface,
instead of having the directive create one for you.

> and a addMenuItem:
>
>     <addMenuItem
>         title="Title of addMenuItem Link"
>         view="AddCSLink.html"
>         class="CS.Linklist.link.Link"
>         permission="zope.Public"
>         menu="CSaddMenu"
>     />
>
> tried also adding for="*"

You definitely do not want to do this.

> Now I'm trying to use this CSaddMenu in a ZPT (view on a folder):
>
> <ul>
> <li tal:repeat="addItem context/@@view_get_menu/CSaddMenu">[ <a
> tal:attributes="href addItem/action"
> tal:content="addItem/title">addItem</a> ]</li>
> </ul>
>
> But this return a empty list.
>
> How is it used correctly?

It all depends on what the context is. If context is an object providing
`IAdding`, you should definitely get a menu item.