[Zope3-Users] feedback while asking response

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Apr 13 07:42:02 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:

>On Wednesday 13 April 2005 07:06, Markus Leist wrote:
>

>>Is there a feedback-mechanism when Zope-3 is responding a html-request
>>which takes some time?
>>
>>i.e.
>>method(self):
>>  -> output some start-text
>>  sleep 10s
>>  -> output some text
>>  sleep 10s
>>  -> output some end-text
>>
>>any ideas?

One idea:

The first and easy step:

    Open a popup window and let it do a response redirect to itself with
a built in delay. Showing the progress from the value in a session variable.

The second and hard step:

    Get some feedback about where in the process you are and pass that
to the session variable.

This can be two transactions, so I am not shure that data can be passed
in a session variable.

The general idea is to let make a progress page that does the redirect
to itself, and updates the progress then.

But it is not really a Z3 questions as much as it is a general web
interface issue.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/