[Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-Users] feedback while asking response

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Apr 13 10:32:42 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 10:16, Roger Ineichen wrote:
> > > i.e.
> > > method(self):
> > >   -> output some start-text
> > >   sleep 10s
> > >   -> output some text
> > >   sleep 10s
> > >   -> output some end-text
> > >
> > > any ideas?
> >
> > I am pretty sure it does not.
>
> Correct, it is not this easy,
>
> I think you looking for a mechanism where you can write
> to the response. This is possible but don't ask me how
> dis is done correctly.

You can do this by directly writing to the response and not returning anything
through the executing method:

class View(object):

  def __call__(self):
    response = self.request.response
    # ... set all necessary headers
    response.write(data)
   sleep(10)
    response.write(data)
   sleep(10)
   response.write(data)

To Roger: Please make sure you are replying to zope3-users, if that's where
the mail originates. :-) Recently you tend to send everything to zope3-dev.

Regardsm