[Zope3-Users] Making site skins

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Tue Aug 16 07:01:54 EDT 2005

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to have several separate site designs
in the same server.

The designs could be implemented using a skin definition.

I want to be able to assign different designs to different objects
in the database.

Now I got an Zope application that is the target application, so
I can implement view that looks up the correct design.
The application defines it's own skin for the management part
but for the public view I want another (dynamically assigned)
look and feel.

So I have a view object that returns the view form my Zope application,
but how can I programmatically get to my design templates?

I've tried using
zapi.traverse(..., u'++skin++<a_custom_skin>/@@the_view.html'
without any progress.

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson

PS. I know there might be giant holes in my problem description, I
assume we're not thinking in the same way (because I surely don't
think Zope3 at all yet), please ask me if there is anything unclear.

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM