[Zope3-Users] Direct ZODB access in a Zope3 instance

Brad Allen brad at allendev.com
Thu Dec 1 16:25:39 EST 2005

At 11:48 AM +0100 12/1/05, Johan Carlsson wrote:
>The ZAPI interface gives you several ways to traverse object
>from a context:
>For instance getParent, (getParents,) getRoot, traverse, (traverseName)

On my first reading of your posting, I missed "getRoot".
That sounds promising. If I can get the root of the ZODB
then I can use traversal to get to any other object in
the ZODB.

However, getRoot takes an argument. The example in
Philikon's book uses a Location(). I don't think this gets
me the root of the ZODB, does it?