[Zope3-Users] URGENT RFC: Is anyone using response.write in Zope 3?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Dec 19 07:11:59 EST 2005

When we refactored the Zope 3 pubisher to work more closely with WSGI,
we decided to remove the response.write method.  We should have written
a proposal for this, but we failed to do so.  Over the last few weeks
there has been much discussion of this in which I asserted many times
that I didn't think any applications outside of Zope 3 itself used this
method.  No one has disagreed with me.  I want to double check this.
Does anyone have any Zope 3 applications that are using response.write?

Assuming that the answer is "no" (or that no one answers today), I'm going to
more clearly document how to return long output and I'm going to add a
method that generates a hopefully helpful error.

Note that we may add this method (or something like it) back in the future
to support chunked streaming output,

Jim