[Zope3-Users] Re: ZCML, practicality, purity (was "Excellent perspective...")

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Thu Dec 22 11:29:16 EST 2005

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Well, I wouldn't say the people I know "can't get past" ZCML.  They're
> smart, and learning an XML schema is not a big effort.  However, for
> someone coming from Java frameworks, yet another XML format is a big
> mark against Zope, making RoR and other frameworks much more attractive.

People are attracted to PHP too. I won't lose sleep over that.

Time and again people fail to realize that Zope 3 wants to create the low
level framework right first, and only after that add high level
simplifications and shortcuts to have less configuration and provide fastest
developer exeperience.

Of course people aren't attracted to Zope 3 yet because they feel it's
complex. And there's a reason: it *is* complex. For now.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com