[Zope3-Users] Utility or Content Component?

Sun Jan 2 13:41:42 EST 2005

Hello,
I have a folder structure like this

/home
   |-- user1
         |-- ContentComponentA1
         |-- ContentComponentA2
         |-- ContentComponentB2
         \-- an random choice of instances of objects
   |-- user2
         \-- the same like user1

Now I need a set of ContentCompontents which have specific properties (a value
for name, permissions, owner, ...).
I want to create a component which gives me this set components. It should
take a argument like getOwner(florian) and walks through all subdirs and
searches for componentes of owner florian.

What is the best way to do that?
a) a local utility?
b) a content component which is placed in the home folder
c) a folderish content component which replaces the home folder

I've some doubts with b, because the component does not contain content, so I
don't think it's good to use a content component for that

At the moment I prefer c.

What is the best Zope way?

Thanks,

Florian