[Zope3-Users] object id / name / name within parent?

Petri Savolainen petri.savolainen at iki.fi
Fri Jan 7 17:07:17 EST 2005

Wow I've got a real newbie question here: How does the identification
and naming of objects work in Zope3?

I understand that objects have names, stored in the __name__ attribute
of an object, and that this 'name' is what containers know contained
objects by. To what extent is this analogous to a Zope2 id? Or do Z3
objects have an id, in addition to name?

How does one create/access/manipulate object ids/names programmatically?
What interfaces would you recommend taking a look at, in addition to
IContained and INameChooser?

I realize there's actually quite a few questions there... but just
pointers and guidance on directions would be quite helpful.

Thanks,

  Petri