[Zope3-Users] pluggable authentication utility

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jun 16 06:02:48 EDT 2005

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Hi Ricki
>
> On Behalf Of GMane
>
>>Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 5:52 PM
>>To: zope3-users at zope.org
>>Subject: [Zope3-Users] pluggable authentication utility
>>
>>Hi,
>>I have a simple question about pluggable authentication.
>>
>>I created a folder and I made it a site.
>>In the default Site-Management Folder I created a Pluggable
>>Authentication
>>Utility (named plaut).
>>Inside it I made a PrincipalFolder (Partner) and added a user soc1.
>

> Don't give a name (plau). Pluggable authentication utilities
> are as dfault unnamed. All components right now will lookup the
> PAU with name=''.

For 3.2, we need to find a way to make this clearer.  Either we need to
provide a more verbose description of what the name is for or perhaps, as
Stephan has suggested, for components that are always looked up without names,
we should not provide the option of entering a name and, for others, we
should require a name.

Jim