[Zope3-Users] Re: Zope 3.1.0 & Zope3 Developer's Book

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Jun 23 07:19:28 EDT 2005

On Saturday 18 June 2005 16:08, Corey wrote:
> Maybe I can be of some help by going through the book using the new 3.1b
> and make notes of whatever stuff ( code and/or text ) that could be changed
> to better reflect the changes from 3.0 to 3.1.

That would be great! The first task would be though to merge the SAMS edit
work to the master TeX document. I can provide you with the Word files from
SAMS and give you access to the book repository, which is located in a
special repository on zope.org.

> Or maybe if the Zope3 Book was wiki'fied, like the Zope2 Book
> ( http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ ), it would
> be easier for others to contribute change suggestions and report
> issues/discrepancies.

Not with my support! :-) Wikis/ReST suck when it comes to professional
publishable writing, since you can not (a) insert meta-data, such as indexes,
and (b) define styles easily as it is desired.

I orginially had the book in StructuredText. But eventually the frustration
grew too high and I created this solution, which is much better. Note that
the TeX sources have all the scripts in place to generate HTML and PDF and
upload the files to zope.org.