[Zope3-Users] Compiling Zope 3 (Mac OS X 10.4.1, Xcode v2.1). Failure.

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Thu Jun 30 15:08:21 EDT 2005

On Jun 30, 2005, at 1:15 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> Simon Forster  <simon-lists at ldml.com> wrote:
>> Apologies for delay on reply - been away for 10 days.
>>
>> I downloaded and installed Apple's latest Xcode Tools 2.1 prior to
>> the attempted compilation. From the documentation, this appears to
>> install GCC 4.0 and/or GCC 3.3. I'm guessing that the problems
>> cropped up with Apple's GCC 4.0 implementation.
>>
>> Workaround was simple: compile on a machine running an earlier
>> version of Xcode Tools and then copy across the binaries.
>
> You can switch witch version of GCC is used for compilation using
> gcc_select.

FWIW, I've been building and running Zope 3 on Tiger, using gcc 4.0,
since a few days after Tiger's release.

I use (non-framework) Pythons (2.4.1) built from source.  My hunch,
that could easily be wrong, is that you were trying to compile Zope 3
with gcc 4, and your Python was compiled with gcc 3.3.  I got into a
bit of trouble with that at one point, I seem to recall.

Gary