[Zope3-Users] Zope 3 Tutorial

Andre Meyer meyer at acm.org
Wed Mar 23 05:07:43 EST 2005

Hi all

This week I finally started to develop my first Zope 3 app. I started
using Jim's tutorial [1] which is nice. But then I discovered that there
is a more complete example set [2]. Unfortunately, I cannot run the
contacts example [3] with ZopeX3 (stable). Has anybody been able to
convert the example to run? Is the example too old to work with the
stable release or does it work on the latest CVS version of Z3?

Problems I found are so far:
- persistence.Persistence needs to become persistent.Persistent, solved
- No module named interfaces.container, starting Z3 gives me this:

[...]
zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"e:\zope3instance\e
tc\site.zcml", line 6.2-6.55
   ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"e:\zope3instance\etc\package-includes\conta
ct-configure.zcml", line 1.0-1.28
   ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"e:\zope3instance\lib\python\contact\configu
re.zcml", line 8.0
   ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'class', "Couldn't import
contact.
contact, No module named interfaces.container")

What Do I need to do to run this example?

thanks for your help
Andre

[1]
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ProgrammerTutorial/programmers_tutorial.pdf