[Zope3-Users] Some hint needed.

Sakesun Roykiattisak sakesun at boonthavorn.com
Mon May 30 23:00:21 EDT 2005

I have a large set of database logics in python. All of them are in
similar forms like this:

 >>> inven = Inventory(dbconnection)
 >>> inven.getBillOfMaterial(itemId='10020')
[('1134', 12), ('23522', 32)]

I'm now investigating the best way to to publish them via zope3.
I need some suggestion on these question.

1. How can I get the "dbconection" ?  My database is Microsoft SQL
Server. My dbapi is adodbapi.
Should I study gadflyda code and try to implement adodbapida for this ?

2. Since zope.app.rdb.ZopeDatabaseAdapter is to be used as a local
service, that mean there will be
one instance per thread like other zodb object; is that correct ?  Will
the connection be flushed away
after a transaction finished ? If yes, how to avoid that ?

3. What I should do in case that sometime my database might be
unavailable, and I want my connection
to be reestablished where it come back. How can I detect those events
and reestablish the connection
when the certain type of exception was raised (like connection closed by
network error)