[Zope3-Users] How is sending a HTTP POST in Zope3 supposed to work ?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Nov 12 07:30:14 EST 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 05:44, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> osting to the object itself equals a GET request.
> Posting to the @@edit.html view of the object results in a
>  >>>  UserError: The character set specified in the content type
> ($charset) does not match file content.
> error, even with charset set in the request headers.

How does your request look like? Note that we use POST in the edit form, so
things should be fine. If this is not working for you, I would write a custom
view maybe.

> Are there any functional tests existing for the HTTP POST method ?

I doubt it, but it would be nice, if you could write one.

> Aside: how would i create a default view for a POST request for a
> certain object ?

See the SchoolTool REST interface. It does all those type of things. The tinyu
bit longer answer is: Develop a view class that implements a method called
"POST" and then register this method as a view for IHTTPRequest.