[Zope3-Users] Anyone had any success with ZCatalog in Zope 3?

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Thu Nov 17 10:11:49 EST 2005

Gary Poster wrote:

> Hm.  A very quick look at the patch concerns me a bit.  Am I right
> that, if you apply the patch, then requests that are currently  raising
> a NotYet for you will instead silently fail, not cataloging  what you
> requested?  That seems undesirable to me.  I'd prefer the  exception.
>
> If I'm on the right track here, then the extentcatalog in the
> zc.catalog package in the sandbox probably is one of possibly many
> other better solutions than the patch.  It postpones cataloging to  the
> end of the transaction, which I believe will remove the NotYet
> exceptions *and* successfully catalog your data.

In my case I'm not interested in cataloging anything, there reason is
I'm just adding new fields to a newly created catalog and there
aren't any object to catalog just yet.

I'm guessing Ivo has similare problems because he also are creating
the catalog programmetically.

I'm doing this as a part of a custom add view that defines a
overrided createAndAdd(self, data), I think Ivo does it
in a more CMF like fashion (just after quick glans on his code).

I don't have the faintest idea what NotYet is supposted to be
raise for? Accutally I'm haveing problems finding the code
that does this because the traceback is Zope 3 cryptic and
I don't have a debugger setup either.

(I was hoping not having to care about the innerworks of the catalog,
but that maybe is too much too hope for ;-)

Johan

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM