[Zope3-Users] Installing Zope3 on Redhat AS 4 has "make check" problems

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 13:15:01 EST 2005

[Peter Sun, about
    http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2005-August/161025.html
]
> Ahh.. .. I'm so sorry that I did not check that mail archive.

Not a problem -- it was a different list, and not necessarily easy to
find that old thread.

> Thanks for taking the time to reply and point me in the right direction.  Their
> discussion is right on point.

Except it didn't reach a conclusion, so eventually bit you too.  If
you figure out what's really happening, please let us know!  The old
thread not only didn't resolve it, it never (IIRC) even generated a
likely theory for the waitpid() failures.

BTW, you had another test (testRunIgnoresParentSignals) fail with
"spawned process failed to start in a minute".  For that one, look for
file "donothing.sh" and make sure its execute bit is set.  In some
combinations of Zope + Python, the execute bit on donothing.sh is
getting cleared, and then testRunIgnoresParentSignals spins its wheels
for a minute wating for donothing.sh to (despite its name <wink>) "do
something".  donothing.sh won't exist in the next Zope3 release.