[Zope3-Users] Re: worldcookery "Christmas Dinner"

Joel Moxley jfmoxley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 02:32:04 EDT 2005

I apologize for my replying to self, but I was re-reading Stephan's
and then Philipp's book and realized that one portion of my email has
been answered.  Thus, I'm hoping to clarify my question to the list.

Looking at the messageboard content class, I then did a grep on
Philipp's worldcookery examples directory for btree -- sure enough,
the last chapter before Expert level (14, aptly titled "Containers"),
addresses RecipeFolders (what I had called RecipeContainers).  It must
have been late when I read that chapter because it did not reach to
proper location in my memory :)

Bottom line, I will re-summarize my original question below with this
information in mind:

* RecipeFolder Views.  In a RecipeFolder page template file, how would
you view both parameters on the parent RecipeFolder as well as
specific child Recipes within the container?

* RecipeFolder Controllers.  How would you access an external python
method for compiling statistics on this container and then update the
view?

Clearly, I'm still lacking some basic understanding in these areas,
and I'm going to continue to push forward, and any guidance or
suggestions of example code would be hugely appreciated.  Again,
thanks for your understanding and help.

Best,
Joel