[Zope3-Users] Re: Zwiki issues with Unicode text pasted from Word

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 26 22:32:12 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 02:54:27PM -0400, Derrick Hudson wrote:
| I experienced this problem too.  I thought I fixed or worked around it
| a while ago, though.  I may have just hacked my system.
|
| Some notes about this:
|     - it is the output (view) that produces the error
|     - add and edit work fine
|     - Word has nothing to do with the problem (any source of non-ascii
|         data will have the same effect)
|     - I don't remember if the problem is in zwiki or docutils
|
| Hmm, now that I think about it, the problem might be fixed in a newer
| version of docutils.  I'll make a note to revisit this when I have
| a few minutes.  If you don't want to wait, you might search the
| zope3-dev list and the Collector to see if I mentioned it there.

Ok, here are the facts that I dug up:

    - my installation still has the problem;  I am ignoring it for now
      because it's not immediately critical, I don't want to replace
      the unicode with ascii, and the problem will be fixed "later"

    - my installation is still on Zope 3.0.0

    - Zope includes docutils, which performs the actual ReST->HTML
      transformation
          Zope 3.0.0 has :
            # Revision: $Revision: 1.1 $