[Zope3-Users] Windows binary psycopgda-1.0.0.tgz

Duncan McGreggor duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 00:07:55 EDT 2005

On Oct 27, 2005, at 9:45 PM, Bobby Brewster wrote:

> Thanks for your help. However I am still not able to install the
> database adapter.
>
> I copied the file  psycopg-configure.zcml into "package-includes"
> and folder psycopgda into .\lib\python
>
> C:\PyZope\ZopeHome
> ├───bin
> ├───etc
> │   └───package-includes
> ├───lib
> │   └───python
> │       └───psycopgda
> ├───log
> └───var
>
> I get the following errors. ==>    ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value
> for', 'class', "Couldn't import psycopgd
> a.adapter, No module named psycopg")
>
> ==============  LAST FEW LINES    =========================
>   File
> "C:\PyZope\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\configuration\config.py",
> line
>  1393, in toargs
>     args[str(name)] = field.fromUnicode(s)
>   File
> "C:\PyZope\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\configuration\fields.py",
> line
>  141, in fromUnicode
>     raise schema.ValidationError(v)
> zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "C:\PyZope\ZopeHome
> \etc\site.zcml", line 7.2-7.55
>     ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "C:\PyZope\ZopeHome\etc\package-includes\psy
> copgda-configure.zcml", line 1.0-1.31
>     ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "C:\PyZope\ZopeHome\lib\python\psycopgda\con
> figure.zcml", line 6.2
>     ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'class', "Couldn't
> import psycopgd
> a.adapter, No module named psycopg")
> ==============  LAST FEW LINES    =========================
> So do I have to install "psycopg" as well?
>
> PHP+Postgres+Apache was a piece of cake. Why am I having so much
> trouble with this.
> I guess I need to spend more time on this.

First question: did you install psycopg?

Second question: which python did you install it for? Because it
doesn't look like it's been installed for the python that is running
your z3 instance.

My bet is that you have more than one python binary (and thus different
python site-packages directories), and the one that you used to install
psycopg is not the one that runs z3.