[Zope3-Users] BrowserResponse, write()

Andreas Reuleaux reuleaux at web.de
Fri Sep 16 13:26:39 EDT 2005

I just got this answer from Jim by private e-mail
- which is my fault, as I had e-mailed him privately
before:

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 12:53:42PM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Was there a reason to use response.write rather than
> returning the pdf as a string?
>
> Jim

First of all: Yes, this seems to be the solution as Stephan has also
pointed out:

  def __call__(self):
    pdf = ...
    response=self.request.response
    response.setHeader(...)
    return pdf.data

Thanks for that.

To answer Jims question: I am not sure, I guess the onliest
reason to use response.write(pdf.data) was that just returning
pdf.data didn't work properly before(?), concluding from
Stephans answer:

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 11:50:19AM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> Just return the data; it is handled properly now.

Maybe Philipp has a better answer.

-Andreas