[Zope3-Users] addview name not form

Tue Sep 27 10:52:17 EDT 2005

Am Dienstag, 27. September 2005 15:34 schrieb Julien Anguenot:
> Florian Lindner wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 17. September 2005 15:10 schrieb Florian Lindner:
> >>Hello,
> >>I've a wierd error.
> >>
> >>I've a configure.zcml with:
> >>
> >>    <addform
> >>        schema="CS.Link.interfaces.ILink"
> >>        name="AddCSLink.html"
> >>        content_factory="CS.Link.link.Link"
> >>        permission="CS.Add"
> >>        layer="centershock"
> >>    />
> >>
> >>    <addMenuItem
> >>        title="Link"
> >>        class="CS.Link.link.Link"
> >>        view="AddCSLink.html"
> >>        permission="CS.Add"
> >>        for="CS.ContentFolder.interfaces.IContentFolder"
> >>        menu="CSaddMenu"
> >>    />
> >>
> >>But this gives a configuration error upon startup:
> >>
> >>  File "/home/florian/Zope3/src/zope/app/publisher/browser/menumeta.py",
> >>line 214, in _checkViewFor
> >>    raise ConfigurationError(
> >>zope.configuration.config.ConfigurationExecutionError:
> >>zope.configuration.exceptions.ConfigurationError: view name
> >> AddCSLink.html not found
> >>  in:
> >>  File
> >>"/home/florian/Desktop/zope/lib/python/CS/Link/browser/skin/configure.zcm
> >>l" , line 20.4-27.6
> >>      <addMenuItem
> >>          title="Link"
> >>          class="CS.Link.link.Link"
> >>          view="AddCSLink.html"
> >>          permission="CS.Add"
> >>          for="CS.ContentFolder.interfaces.IContentFolder"
> >>          menu="CSaddMenu"
> >>      />
> >>

> >>I really don't understand why the view is not found...
> >
> > I still have this problem. Is it just to easy so that noone answers me or
> > does really nobody knows some help?
> >
> > I'm really stuck with that. If somebody knows something, _please_ answer!
>
> Hi Florian,
>
> It means the view name "AddCSLink.html" is not registred for the
> CS.ContentFolder.interfaces.IContentFolder *and* the default layer.
>
> It used to work before the #307 collector issue fix.
>
> See :
> http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/publisher/browser/menumeta.py?
>rev=37584&view=auto
>
> _checkViewFor()

The arguments in _checkViewFor are:

for_ = <InterfaceClass CS.ContentFolder.interfaces.IContentFolder>
layer = <InterfaceClass
zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IDefaultBrowserLayer>
view_name = AddCSLink.html

> and addMenuItem()

What information you want from addMenuItem?

> Maybe a more verbose error is needed saying on which interfaces the
> multi-adaper lookup failed ?

It works when I take the for attribute out of the addMenuItem directive.
However I want to have this addform displayed in the menu when I have a view
on IContentFolder.  Without the for attribute it is not shown.
The addform works perfectly from contentfolderobject/+/AddCSLink.html. I just
want to have a addMenuItem in the CSaddMenu that is shown on all views on
IContentFolder. All that should be placed in the centersock layer.

I hope I could express what I mean...  ;-)

Thanks for your help!

Florian