[Zope3-Users] querying the catalog

Duncan McGreggor duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 21:25:13 EDT 2005

On Sep 30, 2005, at 7:17 PM, Alen Stanisic wrote:

> My understanding was that your zapi.getUtility() was not finding your
> catalog and that you had three parallel sites from which you were doing
> the catalog look up and the catalog was only in one of them, accumac
> site:
>
> /accumac/++etc++site/default/accumac_catalog
>
> I guess the success of the catalog look up depends on what your
> self.context is when you are
> doing zapi.getUtility(), i.e. where you are looking up the catalog
> from.  I would expect
> your code to find the catalog when self.context is inside accumac
> site, but would not
> expect the catalog to be found from inside the other two sites.

Okay, that's what I thought you were talking about. So, to clarify, I
am not interesting in finding any content outside of the subs-sites;
they are little units in and of themselves, and content searches take
place only within the context of a subsite. The problem is (using a
specific example) that the catalog in the subsite "accumac" is not
being found. That's the one I want found, and only within the context
of the accumac site itself. It *is* finding a catalog, though not the
one I want. The one it is finding is at /++etc++site/default (and not
/accumac/++etc++site/default).

Thanks for taking the time to understand :-)