[Zope3-Users] Use Case for a Tree of Adapter Registries?

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Fri Apr 14 06:07:42 EDT 2006

I've read the code for adapter registries, how there is a global one and any
number of local ones, arranged in a tree and that each can be disabled.

But I can't figure out when you'd want to make use of such an arrangement.
The docstrings and .txt files use abstract examples, for unit testing, and
don't provide a motivation for this feature.

Related to that, the global registry is loaded at server startup time from the
various .zcml directives, and I presume that the only way to loaded up a local
registry is thru-the-web, right?  Which means all local registries are
persistent in the ZODB, I think.

Can anyone nudge me onto the right path?

-Jeff