[Zope3-Users] Re: Blobs in Z3 anyone?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Apr 18 10:00:48 EDT 2006

David Pratt wrote:
> Hi I had asked this question about a week ago with no response.
> Filesystem blobs are a valuable means of storing large object data in
> the filesystem instead of the ZODB.  I have previously written a
> repository product in zope2 for blobs but would like to migrate to Z3.
> Does Z3 have an equivalent stream iterator of that of zpublisher? How
> are large objects currently handled in Z3 to get them into the DB
> efficiently if this is not the case? Many thanks.

Christian Theune and Chris McDonough have been working on ZODB blob
support for a while. The ZODB as our persistence layer is the right
level to add blob support, not Zope 3. Once in the ZODB, blobs can be
used across both Zope versions.

Perhaps you might want to contact them and ask them whether you can help
with something so that blobs will make it into ZODB 3.7 (scheduled to be
released with Zope 2.10/3.3)

Philipp