[Zope3-Users] Getting Started Question

Steven H. Rogers steve at shrogers.com
Mon Apr 24 00:29:53 EDT 2006

Thanks for the link.  I know RH9 is ancient, and there are many reasons for
using a newer distribution, but I have reasons for not upgrading right now.

I'm using Python 2.4.2 and have no problems running Zope 3.2.0.  One question
is whether I need a newer version of Subversion to use the repository.
Another is whether Richter's book is sufficiently current to be helpful.

Regards,
Steve

baiju m wrote:
> On 4/24/06, Steven H. Rogers <steve at shrogers.com> wrote:
>> I've installed Zope 3.2 and I'm reading Stephan Richter's "Zope 3
Developer's
>> Handbook".  It seems that a lot has changed since this was written.  When I
>> got to Zwiki installation example, it looks like the Subversion repository
has
>> been reorganized.  I found Zwiki, but haven't been able to check it out on
my
>> Red Hat 9 system which has a rather old version of Subversion (0.17).  Any
>> recommendations on how to proceed?  Should I install an older version of
Zope