[Zope3-Users] Container base classes

Jachin Rupe jachin at voltzsoftware.com
Wed Apr 26 15:16:52 EDT 2006

hi there

I am new to Zope.  I have been spending the last several days reading
everything I can find on Zope.  So far a lot of the larger examples
I've seen use zope.app.container.btree.BTreeContainer any time it is
necessary to hold a bunch of other objects.  Yet when I looked at the
documentation for BTreeContainer it says that I probably shouldn't be
using it and should be doing something else.

Assuming I know enough now to start working on a "real" project,
should I be sticking with the stuff in the "persistent" package?  Are
there other persistent objects hiding somewhere else in the API I
should be aware of?

thanks

-jachin