[Zope3-Users] Re: Upgrading from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Aug 8 18:30:43 EDT 2006

Kim L. Jacobsen wrote:
> I've been playing around with Zope 3.2.0, installed psycopgDA,
> configured DB-connections, installed other products and made some
> modifications in ZMI (can't quite remember all of them). Now I want to
> upgrade to 3.2.1. Do I have do start from scratch again, or is there a
> method for upgrading Zope 3.

You can have more than one Zope 3 installed, e.g. you can install Zope
3.2.1 in parallel to 3.2.0 and switch your instance over to 3.2.1 (by
editing the start scripts in $INSTANCE/bin). You can also install Zope
3.2.1 into the place where 3.2.0 was installed; your instance should
continue to work. Such a thing isn't recommended when upgrading between
major versions, though (3.2 to 3.3).

Philipp