[Zope3-Users] zalchemy integration

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Aug 14 03:23:29 EDT 2006

Hi David

[...]
> Hi Roger. This is really interesting. It would be good to see
> a very small demo of these nice packages you have been
> contributing - something
>   that would put together the minimal layer, menu package,
> and a few basic viewlets just to give folks a basic idea of
> what can be acheived 'minimally'. Also a clearer
> understanding of where to use trusted over the basic layer. I
> would seem that this is the road to some very dynamic
> skinning flexibility.

That whould be nice, but right now I don't have time for doing
such a *how to* sample. Let me know if somebody likes to doing
this. Perhaps I can help a little bit.

> The one thing perhaps missing from this is a mechanism for
> storing and manipulating viewlets and selecting a template on
> a container. Perhaps a template manager is also needed. What
> I am missing from Zope2 is the simple ability to drop an
> index.html or different template into a folder as a simple
> way to make folder views that are based on site context.
> Sites can be pretty terrible otherwise if they are not
> sensitive to where you are and display the same organization
> of viewlets. If viewlets/viewlet managers and a template can
> be maintained as annotations on a container and the weighting
> of viewlet managers manipulated through a form instead of
> zcml then we'd be cooking with gas. :-)

I agree on that, at least on the functionality. Stephan and I
will implement a portlet like concept some time in the future.
Such a concept will support to build standalone applications
as viewlets with own urls and states etc. This should be enough
base for all future concepts where I can think about.

Regards
Roger Ineichen