[Zope3-Users] Blog package

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Thu Aug 17 09:37:22 EDT 2006

Hi Florian. There is the beginning of something in the codespeak
repository - but it had not been finished. One of the folks from Nuxeo
started it but the schema's etc are there etc.

http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/zblog/trunk/

I have looked at it and thought it would be a nice package to finish
however I haven't yet got how to perform the nice traversal tricks for
nice urls for entries (I had written to the five list in July). Any
pointers or an explanation would be appreciated. From my post to five list:

<snip>
On another note, one thing I have appreciated with django is a means to
construct urls in a sensible way. I'd like to better understand an
approach to constructing urls in zope 3 that are not necessarily based
on objects not being in a specific container. A blog url example is a
good one to use for this. For a blog you may have a container for blog
entries and then the blog entries themselves but you may want the
articles to be reached like:

     *  Accessing /blog/ will show a list of all posts by reverse date order
     * Accessing /blog/<year>/, eg /blog/2006/ will show a listing of
posts for just that year.
     * Accessing /blog/<year>/<month>/, eg /blog/2006/12/ will show a
listing of posts for that month.
show all postings on that particular day
particular article.

Can you explain an approach to accomplish something similar in zope3.
Many thanks.
</snip>

Certainly, the new tag package that has just come into the zope svn
would fit nicely into this at this point to moving this forward.

Regards,
David