[Zope3-Users] zc.tables integration with Zope3

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Wed Aug 23 08:27:48 EDT 2006

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Washington wrote:
>> This is probably a bit premature, but I have been doing some thinking
>> about reordering/batching of large sets.
>
>> My current (not-quite-ready-for-prime-time) solution involves
>> factoradics, and I have done a bit of a write-up on my blog,
>> http://blog.hill-street.net/?p=5 .
>
> I don't have time to read your article right now, but I will do so
> later. I'm quite interested in making the presentation of tabular data
> scale better. Right now, zc.table excepts to have access to the whole
> list in order to sort and batch it, but with huge amounts of data this
> may not scale so well. Relational databases have limit queries that
> seem to help here, though I'm not sure how much optimization is
> happening on the backend level.
>
> Anyway, just wanted to register my interest in this topic, if indeed I
> understand you correctly.

Hi, Martijn

Good to hear that there may be some interest.  As usual, soon after
publishing, I came up with some ideas for improving the implementation
algorithms.  It's on my to-do list.

BTW, I have recently been having some fun generating Zope 3 pages using
lxml.  I plan to do another article about that, soon.

-Jim Washington