[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope3-dev] z3c vs. the zorg

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Aug 24 17:29:25 EDT 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Right, thus I am clearly -1. :-) (Wow, now I do not even have to argue myself
> anymore. ;-)

:)

> Note that we spent a lot of time coming up with this name and pretty much all
> the contributors to the namespace were involved in the discussion.

Sorry.

> Zope Corp decided to use "zc",
> Lovely Systems "lovely" and a bunch of us not representing a company decided
> to use "z3c". So what's wrong with that?

I totally support your prerogative to name your packages whatever you
want (within reason).  My main thought are about long-term aesthetics.
A hard to defend cause, I admit.

 > (BTW, I would without a thought change the working in
 > the ZSCP document to be less asserting and globalizing.)

I wouldn't mind that.

> I wonder how Zope Corp. would feel if I would ask them to use zcorp, because
> "zc" stands for Zope Community?

If "zc" were to become "zope community", I'd be *totally* for it (but I
don't speak for ZC here, so that may not be cool with others, like say
Jim).  We'd either keep using "zc" under the new meaning, or switch to
something else.

> BTW, I am not aggravated about the mail; I am just very tired of those
> pointless namespace discussions.

I'm sorry.  It's off my chest now, so if this (mercifully) peters out
soon, we'll all be better off.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer