[Zope3-Users] Re: Why Zope3

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Aug 28 06:48:06 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Behrang Dadsetan wrote:
>> Hi Philipp,
>>
>> Your reply made me discover the fact that http://svn.zope.org contains
>> so many third-party packages.
>>
>> Is there any page that gives a minimal description to each of these
>> packages? Like an overview maybe even in the same format
>> than http://svn.zope.org <http://svn.zope.org/> but instead of the last
>> comment checked-in, a two-liner describing the package?
>
> Unfortunately not, but there are plans to build such a site. For now,
> perhaps [1] can give you more pointers.

Zope 3 has a really good culture of low-level documentation, too. Each
of these packages has a README.txt or similar .txt file that is a
working (hopefully) DocTest and background documentation on how it is to
be used.

To see the "big picture" of Zope 3, though, look at Philipp's website
http://worldcookery.com, which has a few "Appetizers" to get you going.
I can highly recommend his book as well.

Martin