[Zope3-Users] Time for a Decimal field type in zope.schema?

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Thu Aug 31 17:21:33 EDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:18:56 +0300 Marius Gedminas <mgedmin at b4net.lt> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:29:49 +0700 Darryl Cousins
> <darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 15:07 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > > I am going to work on this today.
> >
> > For what it may be worth, a Decimal field:
> >
> > Code:
> > http://projects.treefernwebservices.co.nz/tfws.org.nz/file/trunk/src/tfws/field/field.py
> > Doctest:
> > http://www.tfws.org.nz/tfws.field.README.html
>
> Looks nice.  Would you consider contributing it for the inclusion into the
> Zope 3 core?  (I see that it is already licenced under the ZPL, but I do
> not think I can just commit it into the Zope 3 repository under a different
> name.)

I committed my version (somewhat changed from the diff I posted here) into
Zope 3 trunk.  Feel free to update zope.schema.Decimal with features from
your widget that my version doesn't have (like normalization to a given
number of decimal points).

reinventing-the-bicycle-proudly
Marius Gedminas
--
Writing setattr hooks properly is a black art. Writing persistent
setattr hooks is more like hearding bees blindfolded...