[Zope3-Users] How to get PAU working?

Joe Healy joe at omc-international.com.au
Wed Dec 20 02:00:56 EST 2006

I also had similar problems and added a question to the faq:

 http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/FAQ#having-defined-and-registered-a-pau-in-the-root-of-the-site-i-cannot-log-in-as-a-user-with-zope-manager-permission-anymore-help

Having read FB's description, I now understand that the text is wrong,
but the method is ok to remove the IAuthentication utility.

I will correct the text description tomorrow.

Joe

FB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 12:26:55AM +0200, Jonas Jarutis wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to set up a user folder for my site, but i cant get the PAU to work.
>> I add the Pluggable Authentication Utility object, register it, add
>> PrincipalFolder and SessionCredentials plugins and register them. Add
>> a user in the Principal folder. But then i try to login, i just get
>> redirected to the same login form and nothing happens.
>> What else do i need to do?
>>

> This is what has to be done (in the right order!):
>    1. Add a PAU
>    2. Make sure, the PAU knows some users - e.g. this way:
>       1.Add a principalfolder
>       2.Add a principal into the folder
>       3.Configure the PAU to use the principalfolder
>    3. Make sure, the PAU is able to extract the credentials correctly
>       (Session-Credentials are usefull for that)
>    4. Register the PAU
>
> Once the PAU is registered, the default IAuthentication utility which provides all the
> zcml-predefined principals becomes invisible (speak: "useless"). This means, you don't
> have a manager any more and you're unable to unregister the PAU again.
>
> For that reason, I wrote a Auth-Plugin which is like a principalfolder but all principals
> defined there are managers.
>
> However: I wrote a Mini-Howto on how to remove the registration of a PAU manually.
>          Unfortunately it's in german:
>          http://zope3.mpg.de/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Zope/ZodbMagic#RemoveRegistration
>
> -> Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Regards,
>
> Frank

Joe Healy | Engineer

OMC-International | 6 Paterson St | Abbotsford, VIC 3067
Melbourne | Australia
Phone +61 (3) 9412 6500 | Fax +61 (3) 9415 9105
http://www.omc-international.com.au/

Smarter Ports | Safer Shipping.

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS. The information contained in this e-mail
is confidential and may be subject to legal professional privilege. It
is intended solely for the addressee. If you received this
correspondence by mistake, please promptly inform us by reply e-mail
or by telephoning +61 3 9412 6500 and then delete the e-mail and
destroy any printed copy. You must not disclose, copy or rely on any
part of this correspondence if you are not the intended recipient.