[Zope3-Users] Re: Please Guido, pick me, pick me!

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Feb 2 16:12:27 EST 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 15:07, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Those very
> same Plone and Zope 2 developers will be more likely to push towards Zope
> 3 if they feel others are using it, are convinced it has a future, and are
>   convinced they will be able to collaborate with developers on unrelated
> products.

My sense from the sprint is that developers here use Zope 3 on its technical
merits and not its marketing ones. I am personally not that interested in
Zope 3 being chosen because of PR. When I signed up as a contributor (btw, I
was the first one) it was because I wanted to develop Zope. I already knew
that I did not like the CMF due to technical reasons and wanted to bring Zope
itself forward. So I joined the Zope 3 effort. I never considered this effort
to be anything else but ensuring the future of Zope. I recognized that Zope 2
had lost its edge to its competitors and it was necessary to come up with a
new one.

Having said that, I feel very strongly that built Zope version 3 and nothing
more or less. And I feel that a name change would betray me and my
intentions.