[Zope3-Users] Re: Re: Please Guido, pick me, pick me!

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Fri Feb 3 05:08:19 EST 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:12:27 -0000, Stephan Richter
> <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
>
>> Having said that, I feel very strongly that built Zope version 3 and
>> nothing
>> more or less. And I feel that a name change would betray me and my
>> intentions.
>

> Well, Joel didn't suggest a name change, he suggested adding a
> codename to  signify that there was something new and exciting, over
> and beyond Zope 2  and all the stigma attached to it, and spend a bit
> of time letting the  world know that there is a wonderful new
> framework that has a lot going  for it, and you should consider it. I
> don't see how this could possibly  betray anything, and I think the
> Zope community would have a lot to gain  from a little more buzz
> outside its own confines.
>
> You seem to refactor the code all the time, why are you so resitant
> to  refactoring the brand just a little? :-)

Not calling it Zope would be a mistake, but how about adding a qualifier
to the name. Like microsoft did with Windows "NT"

eg. Zope DR aka "Zope Done Right"

The difference between Z2 and Z3 is really so great that it is not just
an upgrade of the same technology.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/