[Zope3-Users] Re: Please Guido, pick me, pick me!

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Feb 3 08:48:00 EST 2006

Reinoud van Leeuwen <reinoud.v <at> n.leeuwen.net> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 01:07:57PM +0000, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> > Max M <maxm <at> ...> writes:
> >
> > > Not calling it Zope would be a mistake, but how about adding a qualifier
> > > to the name. Like microsoft did with Windows "NT"
> >
> > I think that's what the suggestion is all about.
> >
> > > eg. Zope DR aka "Zope Done Right"
> >
> > Heh, I like that. :)
> >
> > I think DR is a little too abstract still, I'd prefer a name that people
could
> > remember a little more easily.
>
> Zope-TNG (The Next Generation) springs up my mind. And it is a good
> description of what it is really about.

It's still abstract and geeky, though. Besides, too many Zope 2 products
tacked NG on to their names (TextIndexNG3, anyone?), and it's starting to
sound a little silly.

Anyway, I think something like this would require some serious time and a
serious proposal to be taken to a vote. It's possibly more in the domain of
the Zope Foundation (at least it would've been in the Plone Foundation domain
ha it been Plone). My vote would go for something that's a name and not an
acronym or abbreviation, though. :)

Martin