[Zope3-Users] Re: Sqlalchemy and Zope3?

Holger Fröbe booradley at web.de
Mon Feb 6 04:04:45 EST 2006

Wade Leftwich schrieb:
> Is anybody using Sqlalchemy (http://www.sqlalchemy.org/) with Z3? If so,
> any tips /examples to share?
> I'm building a semi-complicated MySQL database using sqlalchemy for a
> non-web application. Now, halfway through, we're saying "You know, a web
> interface would really be nice here" ... surprise!
> Any advice or useful links on Z3 with sqlalchemy in particular or rdb
> integration in general will be much appreciated.

Hi Wade,
we did some stuff with sqlalchemy and z3, so I could
help you out with specific questions - but to my shame,
there's no such thing as an easy, written tutorial for this
(or at least none I could locate).

We did 2 projects, but integrated sqlalchemy differently,
since the apps differed significantly - so I could give you
no general solution.

But you're definitely on the right way to integrate
a RDB into Zope3 ;-) - since SQLAlchemy shares a similar
valueset (quality, simplicity, open-ness to python standards/reusability
and style) with Zope3.

Holger Froebe
- Jena, Germany -