[Zope3-Users] Trying to use browser:form -> 404

Sat Feb 11 08:11:57 EST 2006

Am Samstag, 11. Februar 2006 12:44 schrieb Helmut Merz:
> Am Samstag, 11. Februar 2006 11:21 schrieb Florian Lindner:
> > Am Samstag, 11. Februar 2006 10:18 schrieb Helmut Merz:
> > > Is this really your code (registrationForm.html vs.
> > > registerForm.html)? Then a 404 shouldn't be a surprise ;-)
> >
> > Yes, that was my fault. I've this registerForm.html in my
> > history and tend to select it accidently.
>
> Ah, sorry, I missed this info in your previous post...

> > If I change it to form_fields = form.Fields(IRegistrationForm)
> > like proposed in another mail
>
> That's the correct way to do it anyway (see
> zope/formlib/form.txt).
>
> > I get another error:

> >   File
> > "/home/florian/Zope3/src/zope/schema/_bootstrapfields.py",
> > line 171, in get
> >     return getattr(object, self.__name__)
> > ForbiddenAttribute: ('blablubb',
> > <CS.centershock.centershock.Centershock object at 0xb757a46c>)
> >
> > blablubb is a field of my interface.
>
> Of which interface? IRegistrationForm only or also ICentershock?
> (and no typos? ;-))

of IRegistrationForm and not of ICentershock

> If it's in ICentershock and you have something like
>
> <content class="CS.centershock.centershock.Centershock" ...>
>   <require permission="zope.Public"
>            interface=".interfaces.ICentershock" />
>   <require permission="zope.Public"
>            set_schema=".interfaces.ICentershock" />
> </content>
>
> in configure.zcml (and Centershock implements ICentershock, of
> course) then you really shouldn't get the ForbiddenAttribute
> error.

I have that declaration for ICentershock. I've no declaration for
IRegistrationForm.

Note that I don't want to edit an ICentershock object, I don't want to edit
any kind of object. I just want to create a form based on a schema. The
schema has no use but to provide the fields information for the form. The
processing of the data entered is done manually in python code.

registrationForm.html is not a view on a Centershock object. It should be a
form in which the user can enter data that is being processed by the view
class and ultimately create an user in a PAU utility. The ICentershock
objects should server as a kind of root object of my application, the object
that provided all the pages that can't be assigned to an instance of an
object (like contact information or the powered by Zope page).

Regards,

Florian