[Zope3-Users] Users need to activate their accounts

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Feb 13 08:53:00 EST 2006

On Sunday 12 February 2006 15:42, Florian Lindner wrote:
> At the moment I tend to 1) or 3). What do you think? How do you do it?

I would prefer method 2) because it separates concerns best. The
Authentication utility should not be misused to implement all the other
features you need for your application. The PAS in Zope 2/CMF/Plone is an
example where they stuffed more and more features into the PAS and now have a
monolithic monster. So, to iterate my point, write a utility that is only
responsible for holding registration information and use it to generate the
principal information upon activation.