[Zope3-Users] RE: Zope3 Developers Handbook

Stuart Nettleton stuart.nettleton at optusnet.com.au
Tue Feb 14 21:39:44 EST 2006

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your work on the Workflow for 3.1, which I feel unable to extend
for 3.2 at my present level of understanding.  You ask whether I had a
process definition before the process instance: the ZMI now bears little
resemblance to the book's suggested steps, so I clicked each of
publish-message and ContentWorkflows in the default folder and activated
each with the same respective name as shown in the default folder.
Stephan: I am sure you are aware that the deprecation of services may make
the book impossibly difficult for future newbies under Zope 3.3.  As you
have not tweaked the files and online text for versions 3.1 and 3.2, then
perhaps you might consider withdrawing your book from publication in the
hardcopy form, for which I paid A$74.95, as it is somewhat misleading to
hold out that it is suitable for self-learning?
Stuart