[Zope3-Users] How to get started?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 04:09:22 EST 2006

Andre Meyer wrote:
> BUT I read on this list that the books that cover Zope 3.0 are outdated for
> the current 3.2 release.

They're still largely correct and both very useful to read and do the
examples from...

> How should one get started now? Use the books with
> 3.0 and try to upgrade later?

Use the books with the trunk, ask on here if anything doesn't work.

> Try to figure out what changed while learning
> from the books?

Yep.

> changes and their impact on "old" code and the books? Will we see updated
> and documented sample code soon?

In Zope 3, module modules are very well documented. There's also the
apidoc tool, failing that, the tests are often very enlightening to read...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk