[Zope3-Users] standart views

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Sun Feb 19 04:21:51 EST 2006

Hi Garanin,

No, not quite. Your 'site' I presume has it's own skin. The
browser:viewlet zcml directive is a way to plug a 'viewlet' from a
package into your skin (using the layer attribute). You are not
*overwriting* my viewlet, simply defining where it should appear to the
user in their browser. Hence a standard presentationSlots for packages
is unnecessarily prescriptive.

By defintion zcml directives are how in Zope3 the developer can define
or redefine aspects of a package; views, permissions etc. Viewlets are
an honest implementation of this philosophy.

With regard,
Darryl